This qualification will benefit anyone working in a situation where food is prepared, cooked and served; it is relevant to all catering operations.
Successful completion of the training programme and assessment will enable candidates to understand:
- The terminology used in food safety
- Legislation relating to food businesses and food handlers
- Food hazards and containing the risk of food poisoning
- Product and equipment temperatures
- Minimising bacterial multiplication
- The importance of high temperatures in the supply of safe food
- That food handlers can pose a risk to food safety
- Appropriate storage conditions for different foods
- The importance of cleaning in food premises
- The need for high standards for structure & equipment to promote good hygiene in food premises
*There is an examination at the end of the course and certificates will be issued to all who pass within 6 weeks of the course date.
*Please note: this is a course only for people in the Voluntary Sector and Community Groups.
*Additional note: Photo I.D. is required to sit the examination.
Course Fee: £45.00 (Includes £18.00 Certificate Fee)
For more information or to book a place, please complete the form below.